Friday, December 7, 2018

Mother of KISS's Gene Simmons Passes Away


The mother of KISS's Gene Simmons has passed away at the age of 93. Flora Klein was always a joy to watch as she doted over her larger-than-life son, Chaim Weitz (or Gene Klein), in the reality series Gene Simmons Family Jewels. I was always left with a smile when I saw Gene interact with Flora and witness how much of a Momma's Boy the tough rocker really was. One thing was always very evident: These two loved each other.


How could they not? All Gene and Flora had were each other as they escaped the poverty and horror of post-World War II Israel. The two immigrated to New York City, where she worked to support them.

Gene shared his heartbreak via Instagram:

“I lost my Mother. My mentor. My moral compass. And I am heartbroken. My Mother, Flora Klein, passed away at 93 years of age. No illness. No pain. She simply went quietly, went to sleep. My Mother will always be in my thoughts and in my heart. Today. And Forever. And I would urge all of you, to run over, put your arms around your mother, kiss her and tell her how much you love her. Do this every day!”


KISS band member Paul Stanley also shared his feelings over the death of his longtime collaborator's mother.

“I knew her as long as I've known Gene. Beyond her fierce love and pride in her only child, she was his inspiration to live up to being worthy of the sacrifices she made in a very difficult and, at time, horrific life. A holocaust survivor, she fought for all she had, and her fierce protection and pride in Gene made her someone to be feared, admired and loved. I will miss her laugh and smile. Let us all say a prayer for her, Gene and his family.”

Simmons' wife, Shannon Tweed, shared on her Facebook, "Rest in peace my dear Flora. The best grandma and mother in law I could ask for. You were loved and you will be missed."


Florence Klein (originally Flóra Kovács), was born in Jánd, Hungary, and survived internment in Nazi concentration camps. She and her brother, Larry Klein, were the only members of the family to survive the Holocaust.

I would like to send out my most heartfelt condolences and prayers to Gene and his family during this time. Give him some space to grieve during this time and be respectful. We here at MovieGeekFeed.com love you!